Sunday, July 14, 2013

Why I Love Tea

1.       It’s cheaper than coffee-  Brewing a tea bag can cost less than $0.10 per serving, which is ess than half the average coffee serving. Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE coffee.  That said, I am also a little bit of a coffee snob.  I hate plain coffed from one of those bulk canisters.  I either get my coffee to go (with flavor shots and the occasional espresso) or make it in my Keruig.   To avoid going broke to feed my caffeine habit, I switched to making tea most mornings and during my break at work (I prefer my coffee in the afternoon, and yes I know that’s bad for my bedtime). 

2.       Tea has major health benefits – From helping you lose weight to maintaining a healthy blood pressure, research has shown that tea has some serious health perks.  Different kinds of tea provide different perks, with green tea being the healthiest choice.  Thanks to a variety of flavors (I’ll get to that later), it’s easy to find a green, black, white, or herbal tea you can drink to reap specific rewards.

3.       Tea relieves stress – Both herbal and black teas have been proven to alleviate stress.  From personal experiences, even just the smell of some teas can instantly provide a soothing feeling.  Studies confirm this and even say that tea can lower blood pressure. Plus, tea has less caffeine than coffee, so it offers less chance of anxiety / jitters if you sip a little too much.


4.       There are endless flavors - From spiced chai to pomegranate green tea, there are more flavor combinations than you could possibly imagine.  Plus, tea is great hot or cold.  So, there really is a tea for every mood or occassion.  My favorites are vanilla chai, cinnamon apple, and peach green tea.  Loose leaf teas can offer a crisper flavor than bagged, and are easy to custom mix, so feel free to experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment